BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE PHILIPPINES
Proclamation No. 95
CALLING THE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY TO A SPECIAL SESSION FOR A PERIOD OF SIX DAYS BEGINNING OCTOBER 19, 1936
By virtue of the powers conferred upon me by the provisions of Article VI, section three, paragraph three, of the Constitution of the Philippines, and in order that the National Assembly may consider and pass such relief measures as may be necessary on account of the recent typhoons, provide for a definite solution of the problems confronting the administration and operation of the various pension funds of the Government, including the establishment of a general pension system, and to consider other important measures which were left without final action during the last regular session, I, Manuel L. Quezon, President of the Philippines, hereby call the National Assembly into special session, for a period of six days, commencing on Monday, October nineteenth, nineteen hundred and thirty-six, at ten o’clock in the forenoon, for the purpose of considering and approving the following:
1. Such relief legislation as may be considered necessary on account of the recent typhoons:
2. Such measures as may be found necessary in connection with the administration, operation, and disposition of the various pension funds of the Government, as well as the establishment of a general pension system;
3. Bill No. 2245—An Act providing for the taking of a new census and general statistics of the Philippines, and for other purposes;
4. Bill No. 2297—An Act to amend section fourteen hundred and ninety-five of Act Numbered Twenty-seven hundred and eleven, known as the Administrative Code, as amended by Acts Numbered Thirty-two hundred and forty-eight, Thirty-two hundred and seventy-four, Thirty-five hundred and twenty-six, and Forty hundred and fifty-eight, levying a specific tax on motor spirits and allotting the proceeds for the maintenance, improvement and construction of highways; and
5. Bill No. 2311—An Act to amend section eight, article two, chapter two, and section seventy-three, article two, chapter four, of Act Numbered Three thousand nine hundred ninety-two, known as the Revised Motor Vehicle Law; and such other matters as may, from time to time, be submitted by me for the consideration of the National Assembly.
In witness whereof, I have hereunto set my hand and caused the seal of the Commonwealth of the Philippines to be affixed.
Done at the City of Manila, this seventeenth day of October, in the year of Our Lord, nineteen hundred and thirty-six and of the Commonwealth of the Philippines, the first.
(Sgd.) MANUEL L. QUEZON
President of the Philippines
By the President:
(Sgd.) ELPIDIO QUIRINO
Secretary of the Interior
The Lawphil Project - Arellano Law Foundation